Technical Training Centre
Players Ages Under 12 – U16
Technical Training at WIA, enables players to practise a range of skills across multiple exercises. It rehearses ball skills in terms of tidy, quick and intelligent passing, plus finishing in and around the box. It’s also excellent for movement, closing down and positional awareness.
Our goal is to help every player acquire a deeper understanding of various positions on the field, explore their natural tendencies as a player and increase their technical and tactical acumen. We provide in-depth, age-appropriate training to every athlete along with soccer-specific strengthening and conditioning, so they will return to their respective teams more knowledgeable, skilled, and confident in their chosen position.
WIA training sessions have been designed to examine and develop the necessary skill sets of strikers, midfield, and defensive players in the modern game. The program is based on the English FA: Developing Strikers, Developing Midfielders and the Developing Defenders courses.
DEVELOPING ATTACKING PLAYERS
Sessions have been designed to teach and develop the necessary goal-scoring skills of forward and midfield players in the modern game. The program equips players with the complementary tactical and technical skills necessary to be better goal scorers.
- Skills that are central to producing excellent attacking players
- Interchanges of position and roles with others
- Receiving the ball and varied use of the first contact
- Protecting the ball and escaping from the pressure
- Intelligent movement and running in and around the penalty box
- Defending skills
- Striking at goal – varied skills and circumstances
- Positioning and predicting play
DEVELOPING MIDFIELD PLAYERS
Sessions have been designed to develop the skills, roles, responsibilities, and tactical requirements of the midfield player. Training sessions cover technical, tactical, athletic, and soccer smarts necessary for an effective midfield player.
- Roles and responsibilities of the central midfield player in the modern game
- Skills that are central to producing excellent midfield players
- Support, positioning, and movement
- Turning with the ball
- Protecting the ball and operating under pressure
- Distribution – variety, range, and added qualities
- Running with the ball
- Major defending skills
- Pressing, sliding, and screening
Sessions have been designed to examine and develop the defending skills and mental processes of the modern defender. Training sessions teach the role and responsibilities of different defending positions and support the development of the athletic capabilities needed of a defender as well as the technical and tactical skills required. It is designed to teach individual defending skills and also defending while working with others in units.
- Marking – distances, reasons and inviting passes, etc
- Tracking and back-tracking
- Pressing and 1v1 responsibilities
- Screening and blocking passes/crosses
- Passing-on opponents (laterally/vertically)
- Interceptions, spoiling possession, and containing opponents
- Defending centrally
- Defending against counter-attack
- Defending against crosses
Boys & Girls Training Schedule
This 24 weeks supplementary program available for players in BCSPL and Club offers position-specific training and physical conditioning for players aged 12-15.
|Dates||Mon 6:45-8am||Fri 5:30-6:45pm|
|Fall 2022||Sept 30 – Dec 19||Strength & Conditioning||Technical and Tactical|
|Fall 2023||Jan 9 – Mar 27||Strength & Conditioning||Technical and Tactical|
BCSPL Girls Only Training Schedule
This 24 weeks supplementary program available for players in Girls playing in BCSPL position-specific training and physical conditioning for players aged 12-15.
|Dates||Mon 6:45 – 8am||Wed 6:45 – 8am|
|Fall 2022||Sept 26 – Dec 19||Strength & Conditioning||Technical and Tactical|
|Winter 2023||Jan 9 – Mar 27||Strength & Conditioning||Technical and Tactical|
- University of Victoria: UVIC Turf 2A (Mon, Wed,)
- University of Victoria: TURF 3 (Fri)
- $1,075 Full Program (Technical + Strength and Conditioning Training)
- $650 (24 weeks Technical Training: Sept 30, 2022 – March 12, 2023, includes training shirt + jacket)
- $450 (16 weeks Strength and Conditioning Training: Sept 26 – March 2023)
Refund policies are listed on registration forms when you register for the season or for a program. Please make sure you are aware of when the refund deadlines are and the terms specific to them.