PCSL – Women’s Team
The Pacific Coast Soccer League is an amateur soccer league, currently featuring teams from British Columbia. In the past clubs from Washington and Oregon have competed. PCSL is considered to be British Columbia’s premier amateur summer league
The roster is built by combining players from the U18 Pre-Collegiate Program. At the conclusion of the season, players will have an opportunity to have trials in Spain or Sweden.
Outside players from other LIWSA Women’s Premier teams and universities may be added as needed.
Training Block 1: May 2024 – July 2024
- Delayed start to accommodate school soccer
- 2 overnight travel to Vancouver
- Training session locations – Layritz Turf
- 2-3 Training sessions per week (Technical, Tactical and Physical)
- 60-90 mins training sessions
- Fees: $850- $1,200 (includes kit, all travel and hotel fees)
Physical Development: Primary development of aerobic power, acyclic speed and explosive strength.
Technical: Focus on speed of passing and receiving technique, ball controlling in small space, perception and quick execution of passing, overall ball control, receiving to turn at speed and finishing.
Psychosocial: Commitment to the team, increased concentration and self-control.
Tactical: Application of attacking and defending principles in SSG.
Social/Emotional: Cooperation, Communication, Respect and Discipline.
Primary Learning Outcomes
- Making passes, receiving to turn and finishing at speed under pressure
- Playing short passes at speed in small spaces.
- Coordination of tactical principles with teammates.
- Coordinate the counterattack and pressing in SSG.
- Show good fitness in mid/high demanding aerobic power practices.
- Showing good technique under pressure in fatigue.
2022/23 Training Schedule
|DAY||MORNING SESSION||AFTERNOON/ EVENING SESSION|
|WEDNESDAY||STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING TRAINING||SOCCER TRAINING|
|SUNDAY||LEAGUE MATCHES||SOCCER TRAINING|
Tentative 2022-2023 Showcase Tournaments
|Starfire or Surf Cup||November 2022||Seattle or San Diego||U17 and U19|
|Portland College Showcase||January 15th-18th, 2023||Portland, OR, USA||U17 and U19|
2022/23 The Women’s Season Plan
|PRE-SEASON||COMPETITIVE CYCLE PHASE I||COMPETITIVE CYCLE PHASE II|
|MEASURE & EVALUATE||PREPARE & PLAY||PLAY & COMPETE|
|AUGUST – SEPTEMBER||SEPTEMBER – MARCH||APRIL – JULY|
|Physical testing, Tactical, Technical & Functional introduction|
Individual Development Plans (IDP)
|Physical, Tactical, Technical & Functional Competition and tactical phase.|
U17/18 LISA & LIWSA & College Showcase
Competition & tactical phase
PACIFIC COAST SOCCER LEAGUE
Performance statistics collection & analysis