PCSL – Men’s
The Pacific Coast Soccer League is an amateur soccer league, currently featuring teams from British Columbia. In the past clubs from Washington and Oregon have competed. PCSL is considered to be British Columbia’s premier amateur summer league
The roster is built by combining players from the U21 Residency program, the U18 Pre-Collegiate Program and our VISL Men’s Div II team.
*Additional players may be invited as needed from other clubs or college programs to provide experience to the team – a registration fee is required.
Training Block 1: April – July
- Training starts 2nd week in April
- Training session locations – Layritz Turf
- 2-3 Training sessions per week (Technical, Tactical and Physical)
- 60-90 mins training sessions
- Fees: $850 – $1,200 (includes kit, all travel and hotel fees)
Physical Development: Primary development of aerobic power, acyclic speed and explosive strength.
Technical: Focus on speed of passing and receiving technique, ball controlling in small space, perception and quick execution of passing, overall ball control, receiving to turn at speed and finishing.
Psychosocial: Commitment to the team, increased concentration and self-control.
Tactical: Application of attacking and defending principles in SSG.
Social/Emotional: Cooperation, Communication, Respect and Discipline.
Primary Learning Outcomes
- Making passes, receiving to turn and finishing at speed under pressure
- Playing short passes at speed in small spaces.
- Coordination of tactical principles with teammates.
- Coordinate the counterattack and pressing in SSG.
- Show good fitness in mid/high demanding aerobic power practices.
- Showing good technique under pressure in fatigue.
2022/23 Training Schedule
|DAY||MORNING SESSION||AFTERNOON/ EVENING SESSION|
|WEDNESDAY||STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING TRAINING|
|SUNDAY||LEAGUE MATCHES||SOCCER TRAINING|
Tentative 2022-2023 Showcase Tournaments
|Surf College Cup||November 25-22022||San Diego, CA||U19 (2005/2004)|
|Mayor’s Cup International Showcase||Feb 18-20th 2023||Las Vegas, NV||U17 (2006/2007)|
2022/23 The Men’s Season Plan
|PRE-SEASON||COMPETITIVE CYCLE PHASE I||COMPETITIVE CYCLE PHASE II|
|MEASURE & EVALUATE||PREPARE & PLAY||PLAY & COMPETE|
|AUGUST – SEPTEMBER||SEPTEMBER – MARCH||APRIL – JULY|
|Physical testing, Tactical, Technical & Functional introduction|
Individual Development Plans (IDP)
|Physical, Tactical, Technical & Functional Competition and tactical phase.|
U17/18 LISA & VISL & PCSL & College Showcase & Profesional trials (Spain)
Competition & tactical phase
PACIFIC COAST SOCCER LEAGUE
Performance statistics collection & analysis