University of Victoria
Business Admin Diploma
University of Victoria’s Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) is a comprehensive business administration program designed to give you the practical knowledge and skills required for professional success. You’ll learn business administration, business writing, management computing, financial accounting, marketing, small business management, international business and more.
Course work can be completed in a variety of formats
Face to face
Each course is normally 13 weeks in duration and consists of one three-hour class per week. Classes are customarily held on campus on weekdays from 7 to 10 pm in the Fall and Winter terms. A more limited selection of course topics may be offered during the Summer term. Please note that course schedules may vary, depending on class format and location.
Our Business Programs allow you to become certified with the CIM (Certified in Management) professional designation. Learn more
Many DBA program courses may also be completed online. There is a textbook and/or readings package required for a course. Students login to the course and communicate with the instructor and fellow students via the course management system Moodle. View Moodle Computer Requirements. All assignments and course activities will be submitted electronically to the course instructor.
- Graduation from secondary school is required for admission to the program
- Motivation to complete an intensive program of business study
- If your first language is not English, you will be asked to prove evidence of fluency in English through the submission of an IELTS score of minimum 6.0, or TOEFL score of 550 (80 Internet Based TOEFL).
For more information, please contact us.
At a glance (2021)
- Credential: Diploma
- Length: Two years/Full-Time
- Delivery style: Online (Face to face not available due to COVID)
Some of our learners pursue careers in the following roles:
- Small Business Owner/Manager
- Government Manager/Director (Provincial/Federal)
- University Administrator
- Financial Representative
- Restaurant/Hotel Manager
- Retail Manager
- Police/Fire Department Administrator